Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Scheduling Luck

Although I intended to post on Thursday mornings, I had a lovely reason not to this morning.  Friends of mine and my boyfriend were over for breakfast!  One of them had brought me a half a loaf of bread the day before, and I was able to whip up a not-so-boozy version of this delightful creation.  I took no pictures, didn't worry about the composition, simply tossed it into the oven at 9:30am and 25 minutes later, pulled out a puffy, fragrant dish that was consumed enthusiastically.  Cheerful conversation, orange juice and a happy, lazy hour later, all of us were fed and heading off to start (in one case continue) our days.  We need more of these mornings.  

The reason I was able to do this was my incredible luck this semester.  Two days of the week, my earliest class begins at 11:20am.  Two other days, my only class begins at 3:50pm.  Fridays I have completely class-free (although not commitment-free, ahem, robotics and research).  My day ends rather late, but when I'm leaving the apartment at 11:00am most days, I simply breathe a sigh of gratefulness that it's not another semester laden with 8:30, 8:20, 8:05am classes.  

Postscript:  May I add a note to say how stunningly beautiful the weather was today?  Blue skies, light breeze, warm enough to skip the second coat, and maybe the first.  It's uncannily spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment