Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thankful Thursday - Cereal and Milk

Each time I think the words "cereal and milk" my head starts chanting this little song about how eating breakfast is healthy.  One of my roommates once taught me the song, and now it's stuck in my head, argh.  When she comes over for dinner tomorrow, maybe I'll take her to task for it :)

In any case, this week, I'd like to sing the praises of a college student's staple food.  Bearing the mixture of soft and crunchy, sweet milk at the end and a feeling of satisfying both a craving and nutritional deficit, I've gone through more 18 oz. boxes of my favorite cereal this semester than I care to admit.  Family size?  When one eats it for breakfast and dessert, and the occasional dinner (because I craved nothing but cereal!), family size becomes for a family of one.  For a single week.  Thank you, cereal and 2%, for always being there for me, even at 4:00am, 10:00pm and all times in between.

Bonus points if you can pick out my favorite brand!
Postscript:  It's been three Thankful Thursday posts straight!  Good heavens, my weeks have been packed.  A recipe post this weekend, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment